Waste Management Chemist
Southampton - £23,000 to £28,000 – Permanent
This opportunity is with a business leader within their field who have many years in services; resulting in growth opportunities, excellent benefits and job security.
Job Description for the role of Waste Management Chemist
As a Waste Management Chemist, you would be responsible to direct and control the processes on a day to day basis at a Waste Transfer Station, whilst maintaining the highest level of compliance to the company’s health and safety, environmental, procedural and statutory goals. To assist the Transfer Station Manager in achieving the same. To achieve the highest level of customer service and to maximise the efficiency and productivity of the waste Transfer Station.
- To assist the Transfer Station Manager in managing the Transfer Station operatives, including directing their day-to-day work, motivations, training and development.
- To work with the Transfer Station Manager to monitor and improve productivity and efficiencies, including those of the operatives
- Assist in delivering sector-leading levels of service and customer care
- Assist the laboratory chemists where necessary and carry out laboratory analysis as and when required.
The Successful Chemist
- Qualification in Chemistry (HND or above) needed
- Chemical knowledge
- Waste management experience & legislative knowledge
- You must understand H&S in the workplace
Benefits for the Chemist
- Bonus of 10%
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank and public holidays
Apply for the role of Chemist
If you are interested in this position of gas Engineer, please click APPLY
DMA specialise in executive search and selection of senior and middle management opportunities within the Commercial, Operations, Sales and Marketing, IT and Technical sectors.
If this vacancy is not of interest to you, we have many further opportunities available in these sectors on the DMA website.