Head of Transport/ Transport Director
Job Title- Head of Transport (National) , Transport Director
Salary – Depending on experience 70-90k, car allowance, and good bonus scheme.
Location – Birmingham, Manchester , Liverpool , Cumbria North West / North East
Are you responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within a fast growing organisation ?
Do you have the level of leadership , Credibility and Gravitas and have you reported into Board ?
My client requires a Commercially astute Head of Transport to join them and pull together the next step of their dynamic growth plans and building Best Practise for their business.
Due to organic growth and through acquisition’s my client require a very strong “Head of Transport” for their business. Due to fast growth and the success that my client has experienced the need for a very rounded, strong Commercially sharp Head of Transport is paramount to not only take the business forward but to build strong foundations and bring Best Practice into the organisation.
The successful individual will need to be able to drive profit and can change concepts into cash, driving EBITDAR. Be able to look at Operational efficiencies and look at what savings can be made through analysing the business and how it operates.
You will need to have experienced a business that has had High growth, rapid growth, and is in a fast dynamic market place.
This individual will report into the COO who will need to receive clear direction, plans, strategy in order to take to the board. The individual will need to demonstrate that they have led transformation / been involved previously with Change and have worked in a fast-paced operational business. This individual could either come from Corporate or SME however you will need a mix of both, as this would be advantageous due to the benefits both parties can offer. The individual will have to be thick skinned and have an edge to them due to the change and the challenges transport / transport individuals and the journey my company are on, so strong leadership is paramount.
- Fleet / Transport - Experienced
- Commercial Acumen – Commercial Awareness – Growth and Ambitious business
- Full P&L responsibility
- Set KPI’s
- Experience in embedding a system and change management
- Supply Chain – Rounded understanding
- Driver Recruitment – Experience and knowing suppliers
- Driver Retention – Achieving this in a very difficult market
- Training – Responsibility and Standards
- Working alongside HR who will support
- Contract / Supplier experience with strong negotiation skills
- Bringing Best Practice
- Investing big change and transformation to the organisation
- Transport experience with knowledge of EU tachograph rules
- CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence)
- IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health)
- Extensive experience of 1st line management
- Understanding of Operator licence regulations
- Understanding of VOSA regulations
Key Words : Transport Manager , Transport Director , Head of Transport , Head of Fleet , Director of Fleet , Gas , Scrap Metal , Waste Management , b2b . Operations ,