The Role: Head of UK Sales – Head of Sales
Location: Blackburn – Lancashire National Role Midlands Ideal Location, North also good location
Salary: Depending on experience £60-70k basic with car or allowance, bonus and benefits
Are you a Sales leader, Sales manager who has experience selling and leading a team into SME & Owner managed business’s as well Household names Retailers?
Do you have Retail experience eg Selling into Retailers?
The Client: An SME business with tremendous reputation in their space, working with retailers / Wholesalers, distributors, and education direct, great organisation with a passionate team of employees.
The Role: The Head of Sales role has overall responsibility for the UK market, covering both B2B and B2C channels. This industry is a long term, relationship-based business, so a natural ability to build rapport and drive strategy to retain and build customer relationships. There will also be a need & skills to be able to acquire and convert new business both in the wholesale and consumer arena when the opportunities arise. Developing a team of Account Managers across the UK, ensuring that they are identifying sales leads, driving, and developing new business, and maintaining strong relationships with customers. A strong focus on margin retention and growth is intrinsic in the role.
- Day-to-day management of the account managers, recruit, set objectives, coach and monitor performance.
- Accountable for setting and monitoring sales targets.
- To achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales teams.
- Identifying areas of growth potential
- Providing up to date management information to Group Sales Director
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- To support the company in the design, implementation and review of its sales strategy
- Negotiating and authorising pricing and discounts
- Ensuring the Company strategy is communicated to the team.
- Forecasting sales and product demand
The Ideal Candidate: A natural relationship builder, Actions speak larger than words – A True Natural is essential. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a role of this nature. Strong Sales leadership, Management paramount. Disciplined and processed, good at planning yourself, your team and getting to the end result. My client are passionate and require an equally passionate individual who wants to live and breathe their business.
Skills, experience and education requirements:
- Previous experience in a Head of Sales/Sales Manager role, ideally from a B2B background
- Experience of working with independent retailers.
- Strong sales and business development experience
- Experience of forecasting demand
- Strong people management skills
- Strong customer retention focus
- Target driven
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY. DMA specialise in executive search and selection of senior and middle management opportunities within the Commercial, Operations, Sales and Marketing, IT and Technical sectors. If this vacancy is not of interest to you, we have many further opportunities available in these sectors on the DMA website.