The Role – Earthworks Manager / Groundwork Manager
Salary - £45-55k plus vehicle and benefits
Location – Bracknell
- Exceptional opportunity for a Manager from Earthworks or the Groundworks space join a thriving business and become a key influence in taking the business to the next level! Do you Understanding Earthworks and groundwork functions, around site work, clearance, ditching, general digger activities along with having a good understanding of our agricultural operations is essential?
The Role – This role is all about engaging with customer and being proactive in this area with the rest of the time being spent with your team of 6 and managing the operations, jobs, resource of the business. The role requires someone who comes and knows either Earthworks, Construction, Demolition & Agriculture. The ideal candidate could be an ex-Machine Operator who has been there and done it.
- Serve as a departmental leader, overseeing day-to-day operations and management, focussing on the long-term interests of the business.
- Daily management of the Groundworks functions of the Earthworks Department.
- Joint ownership of the Earthworks P&L, and creating/driving the business forward.
- Operation of all Plant & Equipment as requested or required.
- Process improvement across existing business systems and structures, aligning wherever possible to my clients’ policies and procedures.
- Provide exceptional account management to our new and existing clients.
- Proactively find and generate sales opportunities and customer meetings.
- Actively quote for work, working at times with the Agricultural Contracting Manager Commercial Director.
- Working with clients to ensure our services are delivered within the scope of agreed work, within the permitted timescales and budget. To report exceptions are variations to senior management and customers.
- Understand customer requirements and find suitable solutions to meet those needs.
- Ensure resources are adequate and sufficiently planned for the future order book.
- Manage staff resourcing.
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of revenues, achieving timely billing to customers
- To collaborate in the ongoing training of personnel, working with them and coaching by provision of knowledge. Identification of training requirement and knowledge shortfalls to plan for appropriate group development.
- Understanding Earthwork and groundwork functions, around site work, clearance, ditching, general digger activities.
- Strong commercial acumen and business development/sales driven.
- Ability to understand customer needs. Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Self-motivated. Possesses can do attitude.
- Knowledge of relevant agricultural health and safety policies and procedures. ??
- IT literate – MS Office, Industry specific software (Telematic)
- Good communication skills within team and with customers, contractors etc.
- Works effectively in teams and be able to work co-operatively.
- Works efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines or when other stress factors arise.
- Be open to and encourage change and development.
- Be proactive and constructive in problem solving and conflict management.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY. DMA specialise in executive search and selection of senior and middle management opportunities within the Commercial, Operations, Sales and Marketing, IT and Technical sectors. If this vacancy is not of interest to you, we have many further opportunities available in these sectors on the DMA website www.dmagroup.co.uk