Role - Transport Co-Ordinator & Administrator
Location- Haydock - Warrington
Salary £25-35, depending on experience
Do you have a passion for transport and route planning? Are you a highly organised administrator who focus on detail and holds themselves to the highest admin standards? Do you love working with great people and supporting a team of drivers to get the most efficiency out of their routes? Then this could be the perfect role for you…..
We’re looking for a transport co-ordinator and general administrator to support the rapid growth of our young business.
The Company : My client are an entrepreneurial business operating in the motor trade and logistics sector with a UK wide footprint. Strategically partnering with selected brands who share our ethos we deliver the highest levels of service to the end customer, bringing in technology to make the whole experience seamless. They have a new fleet of vehicles and are building the ‘best team in the business’ to bring a new dynamic to the market. They are committed to their people, their customers and their values.
The Role : This role is all about working with a small team at start up and leading from the front in all the areas below. The role requires energy , drive and passion with a positive can do attitude.
- Booking in deliveries and collections
- Planning collections / deliveries and routing driver jobs.
- Communicating with the drivers, suppliers and customers on a daily basis.
- Subcontracting work and ensuring that all paperwork is kept up to date.
- Tracking financial performance and profitability – reporting KPI’s and improving efficiencies.
- Ensuring that all drivers have all the necessary information to carry out their duties.
- New driver process including licence checks, equipment order, policy issue etc…
- General administration duties supporting the fast growth of a new business
The Ideal Candidate : You will need to be highly driven , enjoy taking on responsibility , be able to demonstrate you have strong UK geographical knowledge, previous experience of working within a busy transport department and all-round strong administrator experience.
- Friendly and approachable attitude.
- Analytical mind-set with a logical approach to work and commitment to the highest standards.
- 3 years office administration experience
- 1 year transport planning experience (responsible for 20+ drivers / engineers)
- Skilled in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Experienced with custom based IT systems and apps
- Previous experience in transport planning / co-ordination.
- Interest in cars and vehicles