Plant Maintenance Manager
Salary - £50k with car, bonus and benefits
Are you an Engineering Maintenance Manager from the Waste / Processing industry?
The Role: A superb opportunity for a Head of Mobile and Plant Maintenance to lead our maintenance team overseeing the planned preventative maintenance and breakdown response for our fleet of mobile plant as well as the fixed processing plants across Leicestershire and Northamptonshire.
You will be responsible for ensuring that we maximise plant availability across our Material Recycling Facilities, through overseeing maintenance regimes and projects across the company depots. This will entail strategic management, liaising with the sites to ensure PPMs are completed on time and overseeing the Plant Maintenance Engineers.
Idea Candidate: The role would suit a plant engineer with supervisory experience who is looking to take the first step into management within the Recycling sector.
- Maintenance experience within a waste environment beneficial.
- Multi-skilled electro-mechanical engineer who also has experience of working with diesel engines, powertrain, and hydraulics.
- Highly organised and able to display good planning skills, work independently and use their previous experience to effectively problem solve. A vital part of the role is to be proactive not reactive.
- Enthusiasm, a desire to learn and ability to deal with issues quickly, safely and first time.
- Recognised Mechanical / Production / General Engineering apprenticeship, or hold an appropriate qualification (City and Guilds, NVQ, ONC, HNC, HND or Degree).
- Awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace (IOSH Managing Safely is desirable).
- Supervisory experience, with excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Extensive mechanical knowledge & experience, likely to have been gained maintaining fixed plant (e.g., waste management processing facilities or quarries), preferably with experience of electrical maintenance also.
- Experience maintaining diesel engines, transmission & gearboxes, axles & brakes is desirable.
- Hydraulic systems maintenance experience is desirable.
- Welding & fabrication experience is desirable.
We want you to come on board with a determination to make a difference and to help the company continue to grow and expand. You will be a strong team player who will become a vital part of our team and its progression. You will be required to be hands on carrying the maintenance and repairs 70% of the time with 30% time focused on managing, planning and paperwork.